Last Updated: January 19, 2017
Return to Resume Services page
1. Welcome to CruiseJobDirectory and ReneeRuggero.com. These pages constitute the “Terms and Conditions” under which you may access CruiseJobDirectory.com and Renee Ruggero.com (both sites referred to as the “Site”) and use the information contained therein (the “Content”, “Services”, and “Products”). By accessing and using this Site and/or making a purchase on this Site or affiliated with this site, you agree to and accept all of these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site or making a purchase from the CruiseJobResources store on Etsy.com.
2. Binding Agreement. These Terms and Conditions form a Binding Agreement between you, the Client (“you/your”), and CruiseJobDirectory (referred to as the “Company”). “You” are the person or entity using the Site. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in their entirety or you do not meet or comply with their provisions, you may not use the CruiseJobDirectory web site or its products or services that are sold through the CruiseJobResources store on Etsy.com. You understand that by making a purchase through CruiseJobDirectory.com, by using the Site (including any content provided therein), and/or using the Services, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Changes. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice. We reserve the right to change the prices of the Services and Products offered on the Site. We reserve the right to change the turnaround time of services offered on the Site. Your continued use of our Site, Products, and Services following any change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
Products and Services
4.1 Payment. For all Products and Services orders, payment is required in full before Products and/or Services are provided. Your credit card or Paypal account or other method of payment you have chosen will be debited as per the price of the Product or Service purchased. An email will be sent to you detailing the transaction and including a link to a digital file or download. All our prices are fully inclusive of taxes that we may be legally obliged to apply to our customers depending on their individual physical location. CruiseJobDirectory is not responsible for foreign exchange movements or fluctuations.
4.2 Acceptance of Order. No purchase subsists until we accept your order. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason. We retain the right to revoke your right to continued use of our services at our discretion. We will provide a refund if we do not accept your order.
4.3 Process, Timeline, and Correspondence. Once we have received payment for your Resume Consultation or Customized Resume, and we have accepted your order, we will email you a Resume Consultation Questionnaire and instructions on how to proceed with your Resume Service. It may take up to 48 hours between the time you make your purchase and the time we send the email with the questionnaire. You will then be required to email your existing resume along with the completed Resume Consultation Questionnaire (your “Materials”) back to us. Once we receive your email, we will review your “Materials” and prepare your Cruise Job Consultation Summary. We may request additional information from you before we can proceed. Once we have all your information, we will complete your Cruise Job Consultation Summary within three days.
After you have received your Cruise Job Consultation Summary, and if you have purchased the Customized Resume service, then you are responsible for sending an email back to me detailing which specific cruise ship job you are applying for so that I may customize your resume accordingly.
Once I have received your email stating which cruise ship job you are applying for then I will proceed with your Customized Resume. Depending on my workload, it generally takes between 4 – 7 days to complete your Customized Resume and email it to you.
4.4 Delivery Display Format. For the Customized Resume we do not undertake to include non-text elements (ie. graphics, logos, photographs), nor do we undertake to make use of color.
4.5 Delivery File Format. Files provided are in Microsoft Word for Windows format. We cannot be held liable for incompatibility issues with a user’s individual computer set-up. It should be further noted that we cannot accept any liability for late delivery of emails or for the failure of emails to arrive.
4.6 Guarantee. Your success in obtaining interviews and subsequently a job on a cruise ship depends on your qualifications, experience, education, English proficiency/fluency, passing a medical exam, and other factors. Although, we do not guarantee that you will be offered interviews or offered employment, we do promise to maximize your potential of getting hired when you use our Services.
4.7 Refund Policy. Once you have paid for your Products and/or Services, received our emails, and you have forwarded your “Materials” to us, there will be no refunds. You acknowledge that our time communicating with you, reviewing your “Materials”, or providing other products and services is compensable.
Use of Site
5. Personal Use Only. You may use the Site’s Content, Products, and Services solely for your non-commercial and personal purposes. CruiseJobDirectory nor its principals are responsible for any result of your use of the Content, Products, and Services offered on the Site.
5.2 Intellectual Property Rights. The CruiseJobDirectory website’s Content, Products, and Services are the sole property of CruiseJobDirectory, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. Without limitation on the foregoing, you may view, download, and reprint “Content” for non-commercial, non-public, personal use only.
5.3 Use of Aggregate Data. You understand and agree that CruiseJobDirectory owns and has the right to collect, extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze Aggregate Data. CruiseJobDirectory may use such Aggregate Data for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to you, provided that the data and information is used only in an aggregated and anonymous form so that it cannot be identifiable as relating to you or to any other Job Seekers. “Aggregate Data” means de-identified aggregated data or information regarding Job Seekers’ educational or career history (including, by way of example and not limitation, aggregate data relating to Job Seekers’ occupation, location, salary, education and experience).
5.4 Other Specific Rules Regarding Site Usage. You represent, warrant and agree that you are at least 18 years of age or older, and if under the age of 18 or the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction, you will only use the Sites and Services under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Site complies with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws.
6.1 “As Is Basis”. The site is provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. CruiseJobDirectory, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for a particular purpose. CruiseJobDirectory makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site.
6.2 Downloading Files. CruiseJobDirectory and its principals do not warrant that the Site will operate error-free or that the Site and their servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the site results directly or indirectly in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, CruiseJobDirectory is not responsible for those costs.
6.3 Data Transmission. CruiseJobDirectory does not warrant and cannot guarantee the security of any information which you transmit to us. Although we strive to protect your information, the internet and the Site is not guaranteed as being secure. Therefore, any information that you transmit to us is at your own risk.
6.3 Content of Site. CruiseJobDirectory makes no representations or guarantees regarding the Content of the Site, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
6.4 Effectiveness of Services. CruiseJobDirectory makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the services or timeliness of the services in meeting your employment objectives. CruiseJobDirectory does not guarantee that the services will result in candidates being hired and is not responsible for any employment, hiring and/or salary decisions, for whatever reason made, by you. CruiseJobDirectory does not recruit for cruise ships and is not associated with any cruise lines or recruitment agencies.
6.5 Links to Other Sites. CruiseJobDirectory contains links to the store CruiseJobResources on the website, www.Etsy.com. The products and services offered in that specific store are owned, provided and sold by CruiseJobDirectory.com. All payments are processed through Etsy’s website.
CruiseJobDirectory contains links to other third party web sites as well. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by CruiseJobDirectory of the contents on such third-party web sites. CruiseJobDirectory is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
Limitations on Liability, Damages, and Equitable Relief
7.1 Responsibility and Risk. You assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site, the internet in general, the “Materials” you provide, and the products and services you access.
7.2 Limitation of Damages. In no event shall CruiseJobDirectory (or any of its owners, employees, affiliates, agents, or advertisers) be liable for any direct or non-direct damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data, lost employment opportunity, or business interruption) resulting from or arising under or in connection with services or the use or access to, or the inability to use or access, the Site and/or any Document, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not CruiseJobDirectory is advised of the possibility of such damages.
7.3 Limitation of Liability. Because some countries, states, and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, some of the above limitations may not apply to you. In such countries, states and provinces, CruiseJobDirectory’s liability is limited and warranties are excluded to the extent permitted by law, but shall in no event exceed the cost of your purchase from this Site.
8. Privacy. Your personal information is not shared with anyone who does not work for CruiseJobDirectory, except with your permission. We keep client provided “Materials (ie. writing samples, resumes, and other information) confidential. We reserve the right to use our work (including resumes and other work prepared for you) and your questions, comments and feedback in instructional, promotional, or other material. We will remove your Personal Information from any such work.